I got some lovely lilac/purple wool and the most fantastic knitting needles, Knit Pro. They are the interchangeable ones with 3 different lengths of wire. The actual number of needle is not that many, only about every 2 size, so it's not like I have a complete set, but I always wanted to have these and I am very pleased that I got it. There were only this 1 set, the others were for cabling.
Also bought some 100% wool yarn in colours of lilac/purple.
Same street next to Yarn Cake, but shops are still closed. They only open at 11/noon but stay open to 8-10 pm.
I took the subway back to Buchanan street as I need to be close to theNational piping centre for the lunch time recital. It was absolutely fabulous as the piper plsyed non stop for an hour. It was fairly hot in the hall too, so he must have been absolutely soaked.
After that, I walked down the street to the hotel to collect Timmy. We went shopping together for him and for him to help me look for something for Jonathan, but we found lovely things. Timmy saw shoes which were very nice, but they were £100 !! (R1900 !!). We then went to for coffee at Cafe Nero, which is a cute little coffee shop close to the hotel on the pedestrian walkway. Timmy had a coffee with caramel syrup (sounds revolting but it was really nice) with red velvet cake and I had a cuppacino. All this was still a mighty price (£9) for an afternoon snack. I have been taking water in my bag and drinking that as I went along. The water tastes funny (maybe it is purer ! :-) )
Then we had supper at the hotel. That is about the only thing that is nice about the place, actually not true, they not only gave us the most delicious suppers, but the beds are nice and the duvets are very fluffy ....and it is super central to town.
I also found out about our train on Sunday, we have to take a train to Edinburgh and then change over to the express, down to London. The lady sold me a really confusing ticket as everyone that has seen it says it is the wrong ticket!!! We need to get going as soon as possible on Sunday as I don't want to miss our flight. It is about 4h30min to go from Edinburgh and another 55 min from here. Which means....we will be on the go the entire day!
The sun was shining ystdy, except for the 30 min, it rained at lunch time. Someone stole my umbrella on Tuesday from the dining room where I put it to dry. But on Wednesday and Thursday, the sun was shining and it was actually hot. I only had on a t-shirt with my light jersey and my rain coat. No matter what, every one is wearing a raincoat of sorts, either in a coat or in a jacket!
I also did the last load of laundry last night. I will have to take my clothes as hand luggage as I do not have enough space in my suitcase anymore. I should have brought the bigger suitcase, but it is so tiring schlepping all the things....for an ever bigger one - I am actually not sure. Gail says I must buy another small suitcase, she saw for £5.....will see! I also brought just enough clothes, in actual fact, I could have left 2 t-shirts behind.




No comments:
Post a Comment