Friday, 22 August 2014

Sunday on our way home

OTimmy and I left the Euro Hostel hotel at around 7:50. I wanted us to take the subway from St. Enoch square to Buchanan Street. But.....subway was closed...!!! So...Timmy and I hoofed it up "the Style Mile" all the way tho Queen street station.

Arriving at the station, I bought our tickets (1 adult and 1 child upto age 15). We sat down to wait for the 09:00 train when I noticed on the board that there were actually a 8:30 train. I said to Timmy that we should take this train - if we have the wrong train, we will just act "foreign" and say that I did not know! But it turned out to be the correct train and we arrived at 9:25, just in time to see the East Coast train pull in. We got into coach 'H' which is unreserved seating.  This is perfect as it is next to the "tuck shop" coach selling....toasties, cakes, chips, sweets and all things yummy. Luckily,  Timmy and  I had breakfast at the hotel, so we weren't hungry, mostly just some things to nibble on!

Along the way......we saw....


Sounds like home....!



A lot of stations have the old but they have modern glass renovation added which makes it look very nice.  Unfortunately, the train travels just too fast to get a nice photo.


Along the way...bridges and houses....!




No comments:

Post a Comment