Jenny and I decided to go look at the local street with shops a block away. But the problem is....a block is mightly big. A block is the distance from 7 Bedford to Lower field at College. And the block is not houses, it is a lovely park with huge trees and pathways.
The little street is equally quaint. Needless to say, every second shop is a charity shop selling beautiful used clothes, books that looks new (must be new - they are not second hand!) and cups, plates and vases.
Jenny bought a lovely square cream/dark colours Liberty scarf for £20. I also saw a pink print liberty blouse for £20 but did not buy it. I bought a t-shirt with pink/cream/ black flowers for £3.50. It is so strange to pay for clothing in a number below 10!
Jenny and I walked the whole street and popped into every shop. We got good after a while and realised too....the best shops (but more expensive!!) are the ones that have the most people in.....just like you would do for a restaurant. We also bought a small coffee and milk since my floor (am on ground and all by myself) has a kitchen on it. Nice to have make your own!
Jenny, Gail and I went after lunch again to the shops, but we got caught in our first rain shower. Luckily, Jenny looked on the weather in the morning. So we knew it was going to rain but it felt very silly taking the brollie, but hey....did I want to end up being completed soaked? By now I was also wearing my boots..! But from now on too...if it says rain ...I will also wear my raincoat. The rain seems to fall in you in a mist from the street up and from inside the brollie.
What lovely (hard) rain. The EC really needs a day of good showers now.
Last night after our pack supper of roll, water, apple, Mars bar and chips, the boys were allowed to go to town again but had to be back at 9pm.
I did not go with everything one and decided to sort everyone's laundry. I was now very tired from all my walking and did not feel like going out. Anyway, the family from Durban, went to the shops to buy there kilts and brogues, so I said that I will check their laundry as they has to wait the whole day for ours.
Timmy bought himself a very nice thick sweat shirt. He should have bought it in a slightly bigger size but no problem. Someone small in my family are going to get a very nice sweatshirt in a few years time. I like the white cross design on the navy. Timmy paid £30 which is not bad as it is a double thick shirt and a good quality t-shirt. We paid very close to that for a sweatshirt home made at the Festival. This one is a 'made in China' but it is nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment