Before I left home, I checked on the computer (google :D !) to see which wool shops there is. In the end, I picked the Yarn Cake as it was the closest to where we are staying.
Anyway, after my laundry moring, I decided to go and look for this shop. Originally, I tought that I will do this on Thursday, but I was just so fed up with the hostel and decided to explore more than just the area around here.
I asked the receptionist and she printed out a Google map on how to get there by bus. I walked to the bus stop which was half a block up and caught the 61. The bus driver were very nice and said that he will drop me off at the top of Queen Margaret Drive, if I would not mind walking down to the shop. This was perfect!
The bus drive is fairly brining. It rained so everything is steamed up. I could follow the route on my map and got up where I thought I should get off. Turns out I was at the right stop.
It is very beautiful here with some loveiy semi-detached houses or the little houses all in a row ...!
I got to the shop and it was closed ...! For Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...!
Proof...!
So I had a huge cuppacino in a little Italian coffee shop just 3/4 doors down. There's a veggie shop, a Tesco (!), boutiques, interior shops, barber (x2).
I asked the girl at the coffee shop where to get the bus, but she said that she does not use the bus, she goes by subway. I asked her for the directions and it seemed very simple ...so off I went in the other direction as I did not really want to go back the same way.
Turns out I was in Headhill suburb. It is very nice, like Rosebank. I kept on the left, like she said I should. It took a while to get to the subway, which I took to St Enoch's square. We are located next to it. The subway is very quick and it is basically one big circle with the Clyde river running thru it.
My bus and train ticket ....
So....now..... I wi tube there again on Thursday as planned and then tube back. It is just a lot quicker than the bus!
I enjoyed this trek into the suburbs.
Information board for Headhill.



No comments:
Post a Comment